The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help choosing a carpet plant. My goal is to have a hill on one side of the tank with a moss or possibly other type of plant tree on the top of it and more of a grassy field area on the other half. It will have endlers, panda cories, red cherry shrimp, ramshorn snails and probably rosy danios. Im trying to find something that doesnt require high light or CO2. I will have other plants as well, just not sure what all I want other than some java ferns. I initially wanted hair grass, but was told that it wont grow very well in those conditions. Have also thought about HC and dwarf clover, but have heard that those wont grow well either. Im open to suggestions of either plants or mosses. The tank is already up and running, has been cycled and currently has 5 female endlers and a handful of ramshorns in it.

Tank specifics:
26 gallon bowfront tank-21 inches tall
Finnex RayII LED light
Fluval 206 filter
River pebble type substrate, its pretty small and smooth about 2 inches thick, but Im willing to add other types, thinking of Ecocomplete.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
depending on the size of the substrate grain, you may not be able to root delicate plants, which limits your options to riccia (AWESOME carpet by the way), moss, and subwassertang.

other easy carpet options if your substrate is fine grain are glosso (g. elatinoides), baby tears (h. glomeratus), hairgrass (e. parvula, e. acicularis, or e. belem), lileopsis sp (very easy to grow, but also slow growing), etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.