The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw it!!! A baby CRS with rili patterning! It had a red tail and head, and I'm sure it was a CRS! There are no other berried shrimp in this tank, and my female CRS just hatched a batch of eggs. This is pretty awesome, isn't it!? What wonders those low grade CRS from my lfs can do!

but unfortunately, I couldn't any pic of it.:(

Anyone else had this?

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
i think the white doesn't come in till later. i have a few that were red and clear spotted but within a few days their white filled in. I'm on my first batch of babies right now too, so I've seen some that looked like that and filled in with a few days. Seems within a week you can clearly tell what grade/pattern they are going to be roughly. The only thing interesting that I've noticed is that i have 1 that is completely clear that was just born a few days ago. Going by the ones i've seen, the red shows up after a day or so, and the white a week later and stays clear in the meantime. That would mean the clear one is going to be mostly white, but I don't know, I'm in your boat, first batch of babies and I'm just happy to see them too whatever grade they are. lol.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is actually my 4th batch, and no babies, even smaller than this one look like it. They all had a second white band, but this one doesn't. This batch of eggs was hatched a days ago, and the babies do have colors.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
This is actually my 4th batch, and no babies, even smaller than this one look like it. They all had a second white band, but this one doesn't. This batch of eggs was hatched a days ago, and the babies do have colors.
Ah, nice then. Maybe a mutant. Thats how we got all the colors and patterns nowadays, mutants! I'm interested in what my clear one turns out to be, since it has no color at all.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully I can raise it to adulthood!...If it dies on me, I'll sit it my room banging my head against the wall all day. lol.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Hopefully I can raise it to adulthood!...If it dies on me, I'll sit it my room banging my head against the wall all day. lol.
I feel the same way about the one that is clear. I see it for a few days, then don't, then do and keep hoping it makes it. Also saw one a few mins ago that looked almost entirely red with a tiny white stripe on it, so interesting to see what this batch of babies turns into. Like I said, I've never had babies yet, this is my first batch so I'm obsessed with a magnifying glass looking for them. lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts