The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought 12 cardinal tetras at my lfs. The next day i noticed one of them is missing, no corpse, nothing. I have my lights on a timer and i always feed them 10 minutes prior to the lights going off. After feeding them yesterday, i didn't walk away. I stood there and as soon as my lights went off my angel just goes and eat one of my cardinal tetras. I know angels can get aggressive so i thought he's just getting big and aggressive. So i moved my angel into my other tank. Tonight, same thing happened. Same scenario. Lights went off, but tonight, it's my rainbows. They ONLY get eaten when the lights are off. I just moved the rest of them into my shrimp tank. So can somebody tell me what the hell is going on? I have a 90 gallon and it is NOT over stocked. I have less than 20 fish in there. I feed twice a day (morning & night)

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Believe it is common with Angelfish ,other larger cichlid's to eat smaller fish, rather than the exception.
Consider that the fish is a cichlid that can grow to the size of a man's palm with fingers outstretched,and smaller fish would sooner or later become snack's.

·
Registered
191 Posts
What about the rainbows though..

Depends on the size, If you witnessed your angelfish eat a rainbow, then the angelfish are large enough, and rainbows are small enough for consumption.

I housed both those species together just fine, but the rainbows were large.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.