The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(Reposted from SCAPE, desperately looking for help)
Hello TPT

My carbon rilis (beautiful) arrived today from a local club member. I already had a tank in mind to allow the shrimp to inhabit but I changed my mind after I saw a few scuds swimming around. Long story short, I'm not too sure where else I could store the shrimp while I possibly set up a new tank. I have an empty 5 gallon tank, a couple of miscellaneous small containers, and an in tank breeder box. It'll obviously take some time to cycle the 5 gallon but I do remember coming across a betta breeder page some time ago say that it would be okay to NOT cycle a tank under 5 gallons? If it is okay to leave them in a small container while having to do daily water changes, I'm also perfectly fine with that.

Thanks
Takeshi

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
If u leave them in a container theyll start turning transparent, I had to put my blues in a 24qt bin, filtrated, n they still lost color while I upgraded/cycled my 55g, once put into the 55g within 2 days they got their blue back so no worries. U can do ur way with water changes or u can have it filtrated, use old filter w bacteria already developed. Best of luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.