The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKay, so I got my carbon rilis in. Freshly imported from Taiwan. They do look cool. :)

Before anyone asks, no- I don't know where my camera is! LOL

Seems there are two types mixed together. One with blue tissue and the other with clear. I'm actually surprised the breeder didn't separate the two into two separate strains.

Then again, it may have been a couple more years to get them onto market if he did.

------
Here's the interesting thing- Before the carbon rilis were released under that label, I was working on the same variety type as a personal project.

Yes, I have both clear and blue tissue as well.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55408&stc=1&d=1350320602

So my question is- should I continue to develop my "Boxer Shrimp" into a 2nd strain? Or should I just dump the project since the Carbon Shrimp are available now?

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good idea Wicca, if it works. Because they are totally separate blood lines, I don't know if they would breed true with each other- or just throw "mutts."

Awkward, I didn't pay for the entire shipment, I only bought a portion of them. They cost me around $15 ea. and I only bought 10.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Keep in mind they don't all have spots. Actually the markings appear to be random at this point.

OH! And there was some speculation that these are the same type as the deep blue that cookie is breeding. I can say first hand these are different.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts