·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought
EHEIM ECCO EASY 35 EXTERNAL CANISTER FILTER 2232
for my 10 G tank.

There is a Carbon Filter Pad, and based on the manual, it can be used only for about 10 days.

I thought Carbon Filter pad or bag should always be in a filter?

hob filter always has one, I had a fluval 305, it has 3 inside....kind of confusing...thanks

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
carbon is unnecessary.. u have plants im assuming since u are here. they absorb most of the dissolved organics.

that being said depending on ur maintenance schedule and how u maintain ur tank could determine whether its beneficial.

it won't hurt u to have it. matter of fact when it becomes useless as carbon. it becomes a biological filter.

it will help keep the water clear by removing colors from it. tannins and such

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
based on EHEIM ECCO EASY 35 EXTERNAL CANISTER FILTER 2232, the carbon pad can be used only once for about 10 days.....kind of short, no?

it has a bucket to hold Eheim SUBSTRAT Pro Biological Filtration Media that comes with it, do you think it is a good idea to remove some of them and put in a bigger bag of carbon? thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:tongue:

okay, the problem with that is there is no room for Purigen or ChmiPure, that why it use a pad.

The only room it has is the bucket it holds the Eheim SUBSTRAT Pro Biological Filtration Media that comes with it. Do you think if I could dump out half of it and put a bag of Purigen or ChmiPure ? thanks

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
well u can remove the carbon pad. and buy a filter bag. fill it then with purigen and smooth it around till its about the same size as the carbon pad :)

biological is the most important function of any tank filter whether u use eheim. fluval. homemade.. floss... etc etc.. DON"T go without it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.