The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade my aquatek regulator I've had for 4 years because the solenoid is sticking. Thinking about getting the Carbon Doser but I'm not sure if there's something better for equivalent money.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am currently running the Carbon Doser and it works flawlessly, the only down side to it is the clicking noise it makes. Every time it activates it clicks, you can't hear it from across the room or anything like that, but when your close to the tank you can. I got mine from a friend and he had it running for several years so it seems to be holding up nicely. It is very user friendly and micro adjustments are simple. This is my first regulator so I have no experience with any others. I recommend you take a look at this thread " Alan's CO2 system builds " as there is a lot of good info and some really nice builds on there. I am going to have Alan build my next set up for me as I plan on actually showcasing the CO2 set up on the next one.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the information.

This tank will be in my office very close to my desk so I can't have it clicking away all day. Looks like I'll have to go a different route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.