The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need carbon for my 53g light planted tank and also got a bit algae on the driftwood so should I put some phosguard along with the carbon in the filter? I did having the red and blue light on for 50% (white is 100%)from my ecoxotic e series led so I am wodering is this cause the algae problem? Light on for 9.5 hours.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The maxium power of the light is 32W. So should I turn down to 8 hours only and also turn off the blue and red led? What is H202 by the way? I noticed that there is something that looks like a filter floss that trap on the driftwoods and my java moss. Is that BB algae? I also have a little bit of brown algae on the driftwood that trap bubbles.

·
Registered
87 Posts
No i dont have any co2 and i never use excel

Picture of the floss like stuff on driftwood. These floss like stuff trap detritus also.

Bump: Picture of the floss like stuff on driftwood.

Bump: Picture of the brown algae on anubias leaves and also on one of the java fern that located on the upper level in the tank

Attachments

1 - 5 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.