The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might as well ask here. :)

I want to get a racing sim type game for the pc. I liked the Gran Turismo on PS2. I'm looking for something where you can have a career mode, make money, buy new cars and mods, get into bigger races, etc. I don't want a Nascar type game where you just race. Any tips?

Thanks.

btw: If I can download it on steam, that is a big plus.

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
tokyo xtreme racing was the best i ever played. when you hit the other cars or things you lose points. its a case type game kind of old now was on the ps2 they had a newer one for 360. really follow the whole import racing type stuff if thats what you like.

·
Registered
322 Posts
tokyo xtreme racing was the best i ever played. when you hit the other cars or things you lose points. its a case type game kind of old now was on the ps2 they had a newer one for 360. really follow the whole import racing type stuff if thats what you like.
i have two of those games. There are 3 but the first one wasn't a big hit in the states i believe. extreme racer and exterme racer zero were decent. They are cool and somewhat difficult as certain "racers" only come out at a certain type of day. Since the ps2 has internal clock you would find your self up at wee hours of the moring searching for the "wandering" racers iirc. That was a classic game. You had to watch your oil/water temps to as they would rise robbing hp the longer you drove. Seemed to be more "real" in the tuning aspects. Boost, transmissions, brake bias, suspension etc. Supposedly modeled after the real streets of japan to. There damn old games now though.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
i have two of those games. There are 3 but the first one wasn't a big hit in the states i believe. extreme racer and exterme racer zero were decent. They are cool and somewhat difficult as certain "racers" only come out at a certain type of day. Since the ps2 has internal clock you would find your self up at wee hours of the moring searching for the "wandering" racers iirc. That was a classic game. You had to watch your oil/water temps to as they would rise robbing hp the longer you drove. Seemed to be more "real" in the tuning aspects. Boost, transmissions, brake bias, suspension etc. Supposedly modeled after the real streets of japan to. There damn old games now though.
it was nice that extreme racer 3 came out at $20 lol they also have one for the xbox 360 renamed Import Tuner Challenge trying to go after the need for speed money.

forget to upgrade the intake or radiator and start the bigger boost..... oil temp max and you blow out your engine lol.... only ones i could ever get into since it was semi realistic but crashing into things ended up hurting you.... cant just run into a wall and boom your car is back on the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts