The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on setting up a low tech dirted tank. I might put a small diy co2 reactor, not sure yet.

However I would also really like to use ADA Amazonia. Was wondering if i could use ADA to cap my dirt? I would be planting heavily in the beginning with no fish so not too worried about any ammonia spikes or the like.

Just wondering if this setup is feasible or am I just in my own imaginary world?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ps - it would be a 55 gallon (if that matters)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool I guess I will just do soil with gravel on top.

Just wondering would there be any negatives to capping with ADA other then cost issues? Such as too much nutrients in water column?

Really would like to use ADA but here in Korea its $75 a bag, or something ridiculous like that.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, I was worried that it would be very light and unable to hold down the top soil. Would the soil get all over the place?

And unfortunately, I'm very stuck on ADA. I've heard so many good things about it and now that I can finally put forth the money to make a tank, I wanted to get some good stuff moving (but all ADA would cost too much)

Most of the things in the area seem to be chinese knockoffs (nothing against chinese, heh) but i guess I should look around a bit more.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,999 Posts
Most the soils you can find aren't just knock-offs - they're different brands. Search local forums to see what people in Seoul are using. Aquasoil isn't necessarily the best. And many of those soils are made in the same factories.

Just do some more research and you'll find dozens of awesome products. Everything from ADA to Hirose to Netlea to non-branded soils. It will be worth it since you can't do 100% ADA soil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.