The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a greenleaf co2 inline defuser, 40 psi and i still can't get any flow, does that sound right. than i tried the glass defuser and altho i get a flowof bubbles, the c02 never seams to rise. checked with ph/ and the drop checker in the tank always stays blue

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Can't say I've personally ever had a problem getting it up. :tongue:

What kind of bubble counter are you using? I use a gatorade bottle and when I first turn on the CO2, I notice that it takes a little while for the pressure to build up enough to make it through the glass diffuser. Are you sure that the solution in your drop checker is correct? Also, is it in an area of the tank that's receiving decent flow?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I recently set up my GLA set up and had the same problem. Turned out the seating for o-ring in the cap of the bubble counter for the was off and thus not tight enough.(soapy water revealed it right away) Try to reseat the o-ring and carefully screw it as tight as possible. Now mine works great and I only run at 35 psi and it fizzes away nicely and changes the drop to a light green.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heres what happens with my gla. i increase the pressure,i get a burst of bubbles into the bubble counter, than nothing. i turn it up more, another burst, than nothing. on and on. at 40 psi i give up.it,s like a blockage in the diffuser, yet it's new.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought a disc that never worked once, I soaked it for 24hrs, and still nothing.

IME the 3in1 check valve/bubble counter/disc waterplant makes works great.

the single diffuser disc they also make sucks. sorry to say, one was the disc that never worked, and a second leaked like no ones business.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Other possibilities:

1) That burst of bubbles when the CO2 is turned on forced a bit of mineral oil or glycerine from the bubble counter into the diffuser. Being far more viscous than gas or water, it will clog the tiny pores, and any reasonable pressure will never be able to clear them. This is a well known issue. I recall some people managing to clean it, look up details if you believe this is a possibility.

2) You got a faulty diffuser. It can happen.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks, i only use water in the bubble counter.i am going back to the glass difuser. maybe building it into a gravel vacuum tube with a power head hooked up for reverse flow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.