The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I've only seen one store carry them, and even there it was only males. Sometimes people will sell them on the Swap & Shop forum here, and there a lot of them on AquaBid too.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was trying to keep from having to spend alot on shipping and get them locally. And at this point I don't even care if they are pure. At least not yet.

We haven't had the best luck breeding guppies so my son and I would love to try the endlers.

It seems though that I may have to buy them here on the s&s though but i'll know that i'll get good stuff from here if I have to buy them online.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had already looked in that area and the last 4 posts in the illinois area are all up in the chicago area which is hours away and those posts range from 2010-2007.

I'll try looking for some local endler guppy forums though. Thanks

And i'll try another round of calls. We don't have petland here so i'll call our mom and pop plase called The Fish Man Pet Center and as much as I am not fond of petsmart and petco i'll call them again too.

We may just endup trying guppies again

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Already been to endlers usa. Most of their for sale stuff posts are pretty old or mainly wanted to buy posts.

And still really not wanting to spend a ton of money buying online. Had no idea this fish would be so expensive and hard to find locally.

Have joined a could sort of local groups yahoo groups which are still at least 2 hours away in hopes that someone that's truly local might have some.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the price if you need to buy online. If they breed like guppies, you'll have a colony soon and you can sell them off (online or to lfs) to recoup the original cost.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have a few hundred pure endler's, mixed black bar and peacock available, also have dozens of blondes (only show red pigment, not quite albino's) in another tank. Priority Mail shipping to OH from MD would be around $7, probably less than the cost of gas to drive to an lfs these days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.