The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I cant accuratly read the drop checker in my tank. I understand how its supposed to work, but the black back on my tank makes it impossible to read. If I look from the front I just see black and if I look from the side it apparently is refracting the green from the plants. Because my fish were lethargic and gasping and because of some other issues I decided to do a water change and when the tank drained it was clear that the drop checker is very yellow.

So, ive got an airstone going now and the fish are moving again so that is good but I need a solution to this problem as the tank is new and I am still trying to get dialed in on the CO2. And figure out how to diffuse the CO2 as putting it into my canister filter via the difuser I have apparently works too well and I cant turn the bubbles down more (this may be a separate issue that I am loosing a bunch of CO2 though tubing or connections because I need like 5 bps before anything will come out of the difuser) so I took the CO2 away from the filter.

What I think would work is if there is some aquarium safe paint or something so I could paint the far side of the drop checker white which would then allow me to see the liquid's color.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
21,012 Posts

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I use nail polish on glass but you have to reapply every time you clean it. The polish just flakes off.

SteveU

·
Registered
885 Posts
^^ works desent on glass but will scratch of with your finger nail i just used a small dot in the crook of the bend on the thing, to keep a snail or sucker fish from hopefully getting on it and having a nail polish snack

i wonder if a modeling paint (testers; etc) would work any better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.