The Planted Tank Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Its a 55 gallon its 3.3ft, i have a eheim 2217, the intake in the back left hand corner and the spray bar on the top left hand side. I had to drill the holes in the bar bigger because through flow rate is so strong.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I always have two filter especially for bigger tanks. Then we Dont have this problem because there is a inlet and outlet on both sides. My 125g has a fx5, jbj canister and AC110.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think I have decided to just go with a spray bar for my FX5. It going in 90G marineland tank, that has black painted back ground and I will use same color. Now to drill holes in PVC, for that matter get them all in same line. ha ha

I think it trial and error, and depends on where you like input/output for your tank, also what looks best to you. I have realized we can all try it as others suggest, but until we see it working is when we will know what works for sure.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Let me know what size pipe you go with and what you attach the pipe to the fluval hose with :)

I may build one aswell just to try it out. Would you shoot the water straight down or sideways to it ripples the top water?
I went with 3/4 PVC. I would have rather used 1/2, but I don't think the fluval hose would work with the 1/2

Going to build it this weekend, maybe, wife and kid just came down with stomach flu, so maybe not. :icon_conf

21 - 27 of 27 Posts