The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a canister filter for a 75 gallon tank. I realize its subjective but perhaps there are a couple options that are very good choices. what does anyone think? yes, im a newbie.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I need a canister filter for a 75 gallon tank. I realize its subjective but perhaps there are a couple options that are very good choices. what does anyone think? yes, im a newbie.

I have been wondering the same thing for a year HaHa! Fluvals seem to be a popular choice, but for me, after reading countless reviews I finally ordered my canisters; Rena Filstar XP. I went with these because I read a lot of folks new to filters had trouble with leaking Fluvals (from not aligning everything correctly from the start) and me being new, thought it'd be best to go with Rena Filstar which didn't give people this problem.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
+1 on the rena Xp series..... they are work horses and fool proof !

·
Registered
352 Posts
got a rena xp1, had it for over 5 years, havent had an issue with it. I also have an eheim 2213 and that's also an amazing filter. I like how the rena is so easy to prime, if something goes wrong i can easily re prime it(no need to suck on anything), compare to the eheim. Though the eheim does have more media space.

·
Registered
352 Posts
also, when it comes to aesthetic, the eheim has a better designed body imo. It's sleaker and the pipes are thinner compare to the bulky size of the rena. The eheim's green and blends into the aquarium a little better compare to the blue/black of the rena

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.