The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is selling this kind of Canister Filter for $50. I am looking to purchase it from him to use on my 90 Gallon that I will be setting up. Has anyone used one of these before? I currently have a Fluval 206 running on my 30 Gallon, and love it! I am a firm believer in you pay for what you get. So I don't want anything cheap. Any information on what all the experts think would be great :proud:

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
dhsanti, have you used SunSun/Aquatop canister filters? If so, could you give a comparison on the realistic flow rates. Or just comment how much actual flow rate your Jebo have in comparison to their rated flow rates.

Jebo is different than Jebao right?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ive used aquatop they are better build quality and stronger of a filter it sort of resembles marineland canisterfilters i use sunsun prefilter with no complaints i would rather go with aquatop then jebo ..as far as jeboa and jebo i believe they are one in the same

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
A lot of people use the SunSuns with no problem. You can get duds on any brand. But I am with you on the fluvals. If you can afford it, stick with them.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have six sun-suns- They are fine. Not great (and I do have one sun-sun that is a bit of a dud...) I do run a fluval fx5 on my 120 and that thing has been a solid workhorse for about 10 years....

·
Registered
618 Posts
I agree with rebelbuck1993 eheim is the way to go. I bought a used 2215 on here and it works like a charm no problems yet and I only needed to buy new hoses! its super quite nice flow easy to work with and a lot of room to pack what ever media you want! also any type of replacement parts you need for the eheim you can get off of kensfish or even ebay!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.