The Planted Tank Forum banner

Canister Filter Quick Disconnect Placement

1234 3
I just bought an Eheim Canister filter. It's my first canister filter and I'm excited about it. I opened the box, read all the directions, and am now in the process of setting it up. So I take all the stuff out of the box and come across the quick disconnect parts. The instructions don't mention them at all. I went to the Eheim website and found a picture of the classic canister with them but no directions or placement suggestions that I could find. From what I can figure you just put them in the intake and output hose, but where along the hose is the best to put them? The picture I found has maybe an inch or two of hose from the canister to the quick disconnect. Is that what I should do? Or is there a better place to put them? I figure if I put the disconnects closer the the tank it will make priming easier but that's just a theory.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
I place mine about 5 inches away from both the inlet and outlet of the canister, what way when disconnecting for cleaning you don't have a bunch of hose come with you. A short amount will keep the hoses from kinking without making removal a PITA

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Duh!

Oh yeah, it didn't even occur to me that I would have to drag them around. With my luck the valve handles would get caught on something, open, and spill water every where. Ok, I'll but 'em a couple inches away. Thanks a bunch :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.