The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, but I hope I am going to fit into the community fine. English is not my native language so sorry for the mistakes in my sentences.

I'm new to planted aquarium so naturally I have a questions. I have 240 liter (4 foot tank) tank running at the moment with crystal profi E900 canister filter. Advertised flow rate is 900l/h. Naturally the real flow rate is much lower. The problem is that I'm starting to think that flow rate is too slow.
Aquarium is ( in my eyes) heavily stocked but I was always a minimalist so you be the judge. Fishes in aquarium:
2 plecos
3 angelfish
1 libeo
1 spiny eel
1 rainbow fish
all of them are large adult fishes. I know that the collection is not the best for planted but they there gifts from a friend aquarist. I am currently looking for a new home for them and thinking of restocking with something more appropriate.
By the way I have a DIY reactor hooked up at the outflow pipe and that kills my flow rate dramatically as well.
How do you feel about a flowrate. What do you have and what do you think is best?
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry my laptop died so coun't write back.
I can't place 2 canisters because my cabinet is quite small, there is place only for one. But in general would you say just E900 for 240litre planted aquarium is enough of lacking?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts