The Planted Tank Forum banner

Would you buy ADA products if shipping was cheaper?

• I am willing to pay the high shipping prices

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I will definitly consider ADA products if shipping wasnt so expensive

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • ADA products themselves are too expensive.

Votes: 13 68.4%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, just wondering if anyone else is on the same boat as me.

I know of a few people who are willing to pay the premium for ADA products from adgshop.com, but the shipping doubles the price of the order.

Anyone else feel the same? Would you purchase ADA products if shipping was cheaper?

·
Registered
705 Posts
if your interested Rain Forest Pet Spectrum Ltd. carries ada products from time to time they are from vancouver right now i believe they have a diffusior and ADA amazonia.

EDIT: ohh and if there was no shipping or very littile i might consider substrait thats about all i can afford.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Substrate yes, the rest of it no. Shipping in general on substrates is just ridiculous, and primarily because of the shipping alliances that go on. I checked into it and you can get things shipped from Winnipeg to Calgary, 80 lbs for $25. Problem is, the internet vendors all insist on using only their primary shipper (they get discounts), doing a once a month substrate/heavy items shipment wouldn't be a big deal and places like canpar pick up too!

My problem is that there's next to no products available for planted substrates in Calgary.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Can you not even get eco complete in Calgary? There's a few places out this way that sell it. That bites.

By the way, I bought a set of 3 stainless steel tweezers (different sized) for 4.99 at Princess Auto. They work awsome. :D

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've found the odd bag of Fluorite and Onyx and that's about it. I've found Soilmaster Select red but no turface.

There certainly are places that are willing to order stuff in, and thats my plan to actually get something here. Unless aquariumplants.com ships with an alternative to UPS...I like their Turface look alike...

·
Registered
705 Posts
sweet thanks i might have to ADA on my 75 now:bounce:

·
Registered
705 Posts
no offence but this if a poll for in Canada who would order ADA if shipping duites ect wherent so much.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I wouldn't buy their product regardless of the shipping and handling cost.the money that I would have to pay for let's say a co2 diffuser could go for a better use ,I just can not justify the high prices of their products no matter how great the quality is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts