The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://vimeo.com/166504303

Hey guys,
So I was wondering if it's efficient enough to run your co2 in the back with your filter? Since this is a tiny 3 gallon tank I'm having a hard time finding space for it out front. I tested the ph and it read very yellow, the fish are also at the surface so I assume it is working. I'd just like to get your opinions .
Thanks! -Heidi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hey Autumn,

I see you got yourself a cartrige CO2 system :) Let us know how long one lasts.

As long as the injection is doen after any heavy surface aggitation and that water gets well distributed into the aquarium, it is a good spot.

If your fish are gasping at the surface, you should reduce the injection rate or increase surface aggitation. Only as a starting point, you can use this chart : CO2/pH/KH table - Aquarium Plants - Barr Report and aim for around 30ppm CO2. Often times, fish adapt to higher CO2 levels as long as you take it slow, as in weeks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
All you need is a small ceramic diffuser. I'm running it that way in a 1.5G (look at tank in my sig.) I'm sure you'll find space in your tank.

Can't see your picture but I did get this one here and it's too big. The way I have my rocks positioned makes it difficult to fit and the tubing knocks around the floating plants which irks me lol. Output device Font Audio equipment Gadget Material property

Hey Autumn,

As long as the injection is doen after any heavy surface aggitation and that water gets well distributed into the aquarium, it is a good spot.

If your fish are gasping at the surface, you should reduce the injection rate or increase surface aggitation. Only as a starting point, you can use this chart : CO2/pH/KH table - Aquarium Plants - Barr Report and aim for around 30ppm CO2. Often times, fish adapt to higher CO2 levels as long as you take it slow, as in weeks.

Will do, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey Autumn,

Thanks, I'll need this info soon too. Appreciate it!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure I'm getting you. The rocks look pretty low. Just put it on the right or left side glass toward the bottom''

Nice looking tank! It's a little difficult to explain, I'll try to elaborate. I don't like it in the tank area for a few reasons. I have to keep a lid on the tank because I have a trouble maker cat that enjoys messing with fish and the tubing is such a diameter that the glass lid doesn't fit on properly. The tank doesn't have any cut outs or anything for hosing to go through the back. The space in the back is also deceptively small, the thing doesn't fit back there so I'd have to put the diffuser in the front making it now completely impossible for the lid to go on. The tubing also doesn't clip to anything so if it goes in the back it knocks the floating water lettuce to the front blocking out the light of the dwarf hair grass. I've already tried three suction cups on the hosing and I can't get it just right. If it works in the back out of sight I would be happy lol.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You also need to test your ph before co2 on and again after a few hours you want close to i point lower if more than to much co2 if no change or higher not enough,also agree that diffuser could be put at or near bottom on side or back wall as long as your able to produce enough pressure to push it through a ceramic disk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.