The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I would a lot depends on tank size. Cherries can be a bit more aggressive over food sometimes and in a smaller tank, you can have problems. I had to move my cherries to another tank as they were actually attacking the crystals. I'm sure in a larger planted tank, it wouldn't be as much of an issues as they would have more space and room to have their own "turfs". Also, cherries can breed way faster than crystals, so soon or later you'll have to cull your cherry population of they will probably overrun the crystals.

·
Banned
943 Posts
I would a lot depends on tank size. Cherries can be a bit more aggressive over food sometimes and in a smaller tank, you can have problems. I had to move my cherries to another tank as they were actually attacking the crystals. I'm sure in a larger planted tank, it wouldn't be as much of an issues as they would have more space and room to have their own "turfs". Also, cherries can breed way faster than crystals, so soon or later you'll have to cull your cherry population of they will probably overrun the crystals.
Ive seen what I would call 'scuffles' though and is kinda funny to watch. I would be mad if I seen one of my PFRs attacking a CRS. Just another reason for me to get my 10G running again soon I guess.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Ive seen what I would call 'scuffles' though and is kinda funny to watch. I would be mad if I seen one of my PFRs attacking a CRS. Just another reason for me to get my 10G running again soon I guess.
I was made and separated the next day. lol. I didn't want to loose a CRS because of a RCS. I had my RCS split anyways, so it just made sense to put them in 1 tank anyways and keep them both separate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.