The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can you keep an Golden Wonder Killifish with a Gold fish?

Goldfish 65-75°, Golden Wonder Killifish 72-75° F

My goldfish tank rarely goes below 70 F usually about 72-73 even with no heater.

Golden wonder killifish ok for not in my 75 gallon tank but I have been told that they get more aggressive when they get bigger and might attack the smaller fish.

So I have to think ahead and find a home for him.

Thanks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
You pretty much can't keep anything with goldfish. When they get big they eat any smaller fish and tank mates usually nip their fins relentlessly. You may have some success with hardy types but its unlikely with fancies. By parameters lots of stuff could be kept with goldfish so you could try it but have a plan in place for tank mates that don't work out.

·
Registered
673 Posts
No, the goldfish would eat them. What fish do you in the 75? Golden wonders are not aggressive, they simple will just eat anything that fits in their mouths (like most fish do) if the other fish are big enough to avoid being food the golden wonders likely won't bother them at all.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, the goldfish would eat them. What fish do you in the 75? Golden wonders are not aggressive, they simple will just eat anything that fits in their mouths (like most fish do) if the other fish are big enough to avoid being food the golden wonders likely won't bother them at all.
Fish seems ok for now but I have heard that they get a lot bigger.

The Golden wonder seem to have some serious quickness about it when it wants to. He was on the bottom of the tank swimming around and someone pointed to him and he just vanished. He swam so fast that I could not even see him and he tried to jump out of the back of the tank.

Anyway, I was just thinking if he has that type of quickness and if he gets bigger, he will probably be able to eat the smaller fish in my tank which is like 90% of the fish I have in my tank. neon, glow-light, etc..

I may have to setup another tank just for him. Maybe a 10 or 20 gallon.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Fish seems ok for now but I have heard that they get a lot bigger.

The Golden wonder seem to have some serious quickness about it when it wants to. He was on the bottom of the tank swimming around and someone pointed to him and he just vanished. He swam so fast that I could not even see him and he tried to jump out of the back of the tank.

Anyway, I was just thinking if he has that type of quickness and if he gets bigger, he will probably be able to eat the smaller fish in my tank which is like 90% of the fish I have in my tank. neon, glow-light, etc..

I may have to setup another tank just for him. Maybe a 10 or 20 gallon.
All fish manage to be that fast when they feel threatened. Yeah, those fish are likely too small to co-exist when the golden wonder gets full sized. As for trying to jump out the back they are jumpers, so if you don't have a lid on the tank odds are it will eventually jump out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.