The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
It's a little difficult to tell when it's bunched up; can you put a single stem (anchored at the bottom) in a tall vase or glass so it will be easier to see the structure of it?

Pogostemon octopus is a possible ID, as noted above, but there are several other species that look rather similar and are relatively common in the hobby.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply! I purposefully selected the MEDIUM photo resolution so this time, imma send three more pix in FULL resolution. The 3rd pic is yet another I don’t know the details let alone it’s NAME LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
782 Posts
That bottom pic looks a lot like an emersed-form hygrophila to me, possibly hygrophila polysperma.

If it's hygro, be ready to do a lot of pruning. They're generally pretty easy to grow, but they're also generally too easy to grow and can quickly become enormous plants if not trimmed regularly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That bottom pic looks a lot like an emersed-form hygrophila to me, possibly hygrophila polysperma.

If it's hygro, be ready to do a lot of pruning. They're generally pretty easy to grow, but they're also generally too easy to grow and can quickly become enormous plants if not trimmed regularly.
THANK YOU!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.