The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've been dealing with his algae, but it is a pain in the behind. I remove it and it grows back again super fast and aggressively. It grows and attaches to plants and creates a strong network of fibers that when I try to pull it starts to pull carpet and whatever other plants it is attached to. I need to find a way to get rid of it. So if anybody knows which algae this is and how to eliminate it, please share with this poor ignorant aquarist.

Thank you!

·
Are these real?
15,740 Posts
I would call this hair alga, but the more important question is how to get rid of it.

Most algae are a result of imbalances, which affect plant growth negatively. Healthy, fast growing plants are really the best way to not give algae any chance.

But tell us a bit more about your tank... it looks well lit from the image - what is your CO2 and nutrient dosing like?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I've ran into this algae before too. I reconfigured my micros seemed like I was dosing too high.
It still pops up in my Christmas moss I just throw the moss away and with it the algae. The moss always comes back seems impossible to get it out of the tank.

Best solution is get some fast growing stems like wisteria water sprite to out compete it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.