The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i bought 40 dollar worth plant on aquabid
its coming from malaysia to my house, in philadelphia
is it any problem if i just order some aquatic plant from outside of country?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
If the shipper does not ship with a certificate the USDA can destroy your plants and fine you. The certificates are pretty expensive, I've read about $80. This is one reason I buy from hobbyists. There are people that have posted that they have been fined and their passports compromised because of this.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It's SSSSSSSOOOOOOO much easier to get all your stuff from this site. The peeps are friendly (most of the time) and the plants are very good and mainly inexpensive. You'll be lucky if your plants make the trip in one piece and alive.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when u check aquabid
there are lots of ppl selling plants from asia
i think many ppl can make mistake like me because didnt know about it :(
my shipping sent yesterday , i hope i can stop it before it leaves malaysia :(

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the seller in malaysia sent me an email saying that
they already sent my shipping and they cant stop it
they told me its shipping tracking number.
should i contack usda to say i ordered by mistake and my tracking number to destroy it? ah.... im in trouble i cant get into sleep :(

·
Super Moderator
11,976 Posts
They will likely destroy it when the package arrives. Most people just get a notice, but no fine, etc., even though it is against the law to import live plants without a phytosanitary certificate.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
i have personal bought plants from all over the world from ebayers and they all arrived fine and in good shape. some even better than what i got in the u.s. my fish are fine and happy, no extra diseases or anything funky.

good luck
happy shopping.

denise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts