The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I re-planted my 275g with what I thought was all dwarf sag, but I seem to have gotten two separate species. The one on the left has run amok, requires weekly trimmings, and shoots upwards of 10-12", while the one on the right is much slower growing and smaller. If anyone could please let me know which is which, I would appreciate it ... I need to replant with the smaller one -- weekly trimmings on a 9' tank are getting tiresome :rolleyes:;)

And if anyone has advice on a lower maintenance ground cover I'd be happy to hear it. Thanks!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Im no trimming expert but as far as I know your not supposed to cut off Vals like that, the tips will never grow back. Heres a pic of a dwarg sag ground cover I had on a portion of my tank at one time. They got out off hand and I replaced them with Sterogene repens.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im no trimming expert but as far as I know your not supposed to cut off Vals like that, the tips will never grow back. Heres a pic of a dwarg sag ground cover I had on a portion of my tank at one time. They got out off hand and I replaced them with Sterogene repens.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
Very helpful. Yes, the Vals keep going after the trims but they have flat tips. How did your dwarf sag get out of hand? Just grew too much? I'm thinking replanting the whole thing with either that or s. repens ... trouble is s. repens grows sooooooooo slow!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.