The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rinsed and added a new dragon stone to my established tank, then noticed that the plants started showing signs of melting.
I need to test my water parameters, but can adding a new hardscape drastically change the water conditions?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Stirring up substrate can cause an ammonia spike, too much ammonia can negitively impact plants. Try testing that.

If you didn't clean your dragon stone throroughly enough it may have some clay deposits in it that are effecting your parameters. It would basically be like adding a bunch of organics/soil to your tank. Also there are types of dragon stone that aren't really dragon stone, they can affect your parameters.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stirring up substrate can cause an ammonia spike, too much ammonia can negitively impact plants. Try testing that.

If you didn't clean your dragon stone throroughly enough it may have some clay deposits in it that are effecting your parameters. It would basically be like adding a bunch of organics/soil to your tank. Also there are types of dragon stone that aren't really dragon stone, they can affect your parameters.

Thanks Scully. That was a great video too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts