The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd like to get rid of my lily pipe for the same reason I got rid of my poppy pipe; the endlers are trying to give me a heartattack. They swim directly into it, and then undergo the circular current that pushes them inward and then outward--though they try to fight against the last part so that they stay in the pipe longer, or maybe they're trying to escape but don't realize they have to let the flow take them. Maybe they think it's a game, because they do it again and again like sadistic little monsters. I did get a jet pipe but the width between the curve is too small to place over my rimmed tank. If I used it, it'd have to sit on top of the rim, and then the jet pipe's output would be above the surface. If I have a CO2 inline diffuser hooked up to that outflow hose, will it still diffuse CO2 into the aquarium water or would it be lost?

·
Registered
185 Posts
try it out. your plants will tell you if have maintained the same co2: do plants pearl at the same time into the photoperiod? my lily pipe is quite offen not totally submerged and plants still pearl 45 min into the photoperiod (granted, the output is from a reactor).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts