The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SCAPEr
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is it true?? can they or not. I was wondering if they can pearl/ looks pearling like bubbles after water changes.

what are the requirements?

so far I have 15w light hood, paintball co2 with "okay" green drop checker.

-I bought HC from ebay but the guy sent me HM... so like my plan fail.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Mosses can pearl, but what happens after a water change is just gas dropping out of the solution. The water from the tap is high in dissolved gasses, and gets agitated going into your tank. Bubbles tend to form on surfaces, and your moss is prime realestate for bubble forming due to its high surface area.

This doesn't mean your moss won't pearl, but after a water change the offgassing is what's referred to as "false pearling".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mosses can pearl, but what happens after a water change is just gas dropping out of the solution. The water from the tap is high in dissolved gasses, and gets agitated going into your tank. Bubbles tend to form on surfaces, and your moss is prime realestate for bubble forming due to its high surface area.

This doesn't mean your moss won't pearl, but after a water change the offgassing is what's referred to as "false pearling".
...and THAT was the most precise answer I've found on the internet this whole hour, thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.