The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To save money on electical costs will my plants grow equally well if my photo period is from 6PM to 6AM, with CO2 during that time?

My fear is that the window light will affect the cycle and technically provide 24hrs of light :icon_sad: Any thoughts?

·
Registered
675 Posts
How long should a "night time darkness" period last?

If I can assume that on average throughout the year, 6:30 AM would be when the ambient daylight starts lighting up the room (through curtains), would a 7 hour (11:30 PM to 6:30 AM) "dark" period be OK? Can I go even later?

I want to move my photoperiod as late in the day as possible because I have very hard/alkaline water so the metals in micro-nutrients (iron etc) fall out of solution very quickly, so I'd like to be home from work and dosing as close to the beginning of the PP as possible... I recently have been reading that dosing at night after lights go out (my previous plan) probably means almost all of the metals in solution are now unavailable to plants by the time my lights come on 12 hours later.

·
Registered
884 Posts
id think you just keep the normal cycle.

it doesnt matter when you start and when you end, as long as you keep the cycle.

Its like if u were on the other side of the world, your cycle would start 12 hours early, why? because thats when the sun comes out.

If your playing god with enviorment, and you can control the sun, then there is no problem as long as u dont make the sun do crazy stuff like strobe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.