The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
658 Posts
I've just set up a low tech tank, and bought some H. polysperma "Tropic Sunset" from a hobbyist off Ebay. It's hands down the best growing plant I put in--easily outgrowing the algae outbreak I've got going on. It's been in 10 days, and probably already needs to be trimmed and the cuttings replanted.

H. difformis/water wisteria is supposed to be super easy, but mine melted and all I've got now is a little green new growth in the crowns. I suspect it may have been grown emersed, which is why it melted when I put it in my tank. That batch of plants also sat in a bucket outside for a week, so that may have contributed to the melt/dieback.

· Registered
658 Posts
Oh wow--didn't know I was breaking the law with my H. polysperma Tropic Sunset LOL. So if you bought it from an online dealer, as opposed to an individual hobbyist like I did (I think she was in Nebraska), would they refuse to ship it to you?

Phishes: If you want some, I can put you in touch with the person I bought it from. Or at the rate I'm going, will soon have some to get rid of.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.