The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
In low light (and I mean really low, like 130 watts and NO CO2 over a 110 gallon - YES, I did that) dwarf sag will look like that. When I double the light and crank up the CO2 then they stay shorter and are a slightly lighter green.

And yes - Cryptocoryne wendtii

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I took a picture of my poor abused dwarf sag right now, after being under low light and no CO2 since Christmas -

...and here's what it looked like when I actually had the light and CO2 cranked up!

Sag does reproduce via runners, which is probably what that "vine" is that you're seeing. I have jungle val in the back, and that is WAY different - I've had one get over 5' long before!!! It could be jungle val... but if it is then it is pretty short for val. What do you think kunerd - tall sag or short val?

EDIT: Another thing I thought of, Vals tend to have a leaf that isn't as thick as sag. It's more "floppy" and less "spongy" if that makes any sense at all...

... I'll just go grab one of each out of my tank and show you! BRB.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dam u r good. Sag pics are from my 29g RCS only tank that has only 2 shop lights from HD and no co2 and no ferts. Dang and i was always wondering why they looked so different in my 55g with ei, co2, and 3.5wpg. Mystery solved. Thanks again. TPT members know thier plants. Maybe be we should have a contest. name that plant each month or week:icon_lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.