The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
If it is iceberg lettuce, it has no real nutritional value. And remember: no croutons or dressing!

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
You mean lettuce? You can try, but it's not very nutritional, nor is it especially appetizing.

Do you have any fish food?

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
that's actually good for them, lol, it contains chitin, which helps build their shells!

And don't worry, they'd gladly eat another dead shrimp in the same tank.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
mordalphus, yep I have fish food... but one of the ingredients is Antartic Shrimp.. and I feel wrong to let them eat their brothers. Is fish food OK for the shrimp? (other than the fact that they will eat their dead brothers)
Actually, my Cherry Shrimps love Wardley's Shrimp Pellets. They flock to that stuff, where they would not touch other things. I did feel a bit weird about feeding shrimp to my shrimp, but they seem to really like it so I just don't tell them what is in it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i usually feed my cherries spinach and they like em.. not to hijack, but since we're talking about feeding shrimps with shrimps. can i feed em with those hikari brine that i give as treats in my community tank?

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
mordalphus, yep I have fish food... but one of the ingredients is Antartic Shrimp.. and I feel wrong to let them eat their brothers. Is fish food OK for the shrimp? (other than the fact that they will eat their dead brothers)
Try to feed them a variety of foods. I know some other person mentioned only feeding them protein based foods is known to kill them.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
So I am thinking, can I feed them
salad
As long as you leave off the Thousand Island or Ranch, sure.

Its called Lettuce, lol or Spinich. (my son says the same thing, he request no salad on his hamburger)

Cucumbers I have found feed all..Snails, plecos. But blanched leafy lettuce (romaine) is good as well.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You could serve some blanched carrot slices and sweet potato too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts