The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was looking into making my own fish food to ensure my fish get more fiber. Could I mash and dehydrate peas? I don't imagine there would be any issues with feeding dehydrated peas. I kind of wanted to do a garlic powder, pea and kale mix then dehydrate it in the oven. I was also wondering if adding epsom salt to the mix would be beneficial. This would supplement the pre-made flakes I already feed them.

Any thoughts or concerns with this idea? I would also like any recommendations if anyone has any.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
You can, but does dehydrated peas have the same benefits as cooked peas? I'd reckon less right?

But, if you want to add all these things and then feeding it to your fish, I almost want to say that it'd be easier (not sure if cheaper) to just buy them from stores. I have foods where they have garlic, etc in it. When I used to keep goldfish I used to feed them cooked peas to help with their swim bladder all the time but also made sure to not overfeed because it can cause them to be bloated, but, that's just my experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.