The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55gallon community tank. It houses 6 platy's, 12 Pork-Chop [rasbora espes], 2 kribs, 5 ottos, 4 peal gourami and 6 kuhli loaches, Its heavily planted along with duckweed, riccia and frogbit on top, and has a eheim pro II 2026.

I was wondering if I could add a few more kuhlis [5-6] as well as either 12 more pork-chops or 12 rummyheads.

My water checks out great, each week.

·
Registered
284 Posts
well, livebearers have different water requirements than kribs....that's something to think about. One is soft-water and one is hard-water. Those pearl gouramis are going to get quite large and probably will dominate the tank and eat the rasboras and probably bully the platys. The loaches will be on the bottom with the kribs and if the kribs are male and female, watch out during mating time. I wouldn't add any rummynose with those fish and I wouldn't add to anything else as far as bottomdwellers go.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well right now I have the platys [doing fine], breeding kribs, kuhlis and the pork chops. They all are doing fine and no ones bullying each other and Iv had this set up 4+ months. Im just wondering if I could still add a few more or what I already have.
I thought not for the rummy's but I thought Id ask.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts