The Planted Tank Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
BN pleco may be ok, but I was worried about uprooting or damaging plants due to the size. I have 14 otocinclus' in my 90g, as well as 7 SAEs, 3 albino corydorus and 3 Schwarzii corydorus...Oh yeah, 4 small clown loaches too. In regards to the otos and SAEs, I've seen a drastic reduction in BBA and staghorn. The loaches are wiping out the snail population, which makes me happy as well.

·
Registered
234 Posts
a) bristle nose at the full whoping size of 6 inches ( sarcasism) wont uproot any well rooted plant . im constantly adding and removing plants from my 90 and i have 3 full size gold bn plecos with no problems of uprooting
b) as these are smaller plecos i have noticed they get as lazy as say the common pleco , they just hide more and eat more driftwood.
c) BN plecos are fully plant safe at any size and i can proove this with multiple tanks i own and multiple tanks ive seen with them.

crissy , grab one there should be absolutly no problems between them and youre tank mates. and youre right otos are so small without having a army like the 30 or so i do , you cant notice much of a change. Youre also welcome with youre rams identity.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
thanks james and ringram.

joejoeg,

you have 30 otos?!! wow. I thought about getting more, but each time I do, I'm only left with one out of the bunch, and so after getting several 3 different times, I've got 3 now. But I've heard of that happening a lot, so I know it's not unusual. I'd just rather not see my fish die anymore! :)

I think I will try to find one or 2 BNs...I'm actually kinda curious to try and find a mate and see if they "spawn" or whatever they do. I bought live bearers when first setting up the tank, but they never did have babies. I'll have to figure out exactly what specs the tank would need to be for the BNs.

I would love seeing little baby fish! Of course with my cichlids, probably not many would survive :( got to get more plants!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts