The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve decided to convert my 5 gallon to shrimp only and move my 8 galaxy rasboras to 29 gallon tank where I have 10 harlequin rasboras and some bottom dwellers.

Anybody has them together?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No reason they wouldn't, one is a Danio anyways.
Actually, the bigger tank would be much better for the CPDs.
I agree, that's why I want to relocate them. In 5 gallon they always stay close to the bottom and sometime steal food from shrimps...

I was just wondering if harlequin wont' harass galaxies, especially during feeding time...

·
Registered
52 Posts
As long as you have enough of each group to form a school, it's fine. My roommate and I once had tanks set up with rasboras, about 10 each. Mine were mostly Rasbora Hengeli and his were Rasbora Heteromorphas. But they were hard to tell apart, and we each had 2 or three fish that were being pushed around and outcompeted by the others. These "runts" clung to the bottom and faded colors alot. I noticed that they has slightly different shapes and color schemes, so we "switched runts." In each case, the former victims joined right up with the new schools and their color came back quickly.
Later on he gave me all of his fish and the two schools coexisted.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
My 58 has at least 10 different kinds of fish in it, including Discus. There's 7 CPD's & % Harlequins, too. Everybody gets along just fine.

Tommy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts