The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
LOL my eyes arent what they used to be but looks like wisteria in back left corner...anachris in center back and maybe bacoba on right side.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you were right about the one on the left corner. But not the middle and the right one.

I have taken a bigger picture of each of them, are you able to name them all?

Deeply appreciate for taking the consideration to read my post :)

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They look like Rotala of sorts. Try to match them up in the 'Plants' link above. Here's another link too. http://www.tropica.com/en/plants/plant-list-a-z.aspx
before i introduce them into my tank, i check the bottom of these 3 plants and seems that only 1 of them has root, the other two is rootless(what i believe is called stem plant)

so for stem plant, do i just cut away the not very nice looking part and insert them into the gravel?

·
Registered
251 Posts
before i introduce them into my tank, i check the bottom of these 3 plants and seems that only 1 of them has root, the other two is rootless(what i believe is called stem plant)

so for stem plant, do i just cut away the not very nice looking part and insert them into the gravel?
Yes, that should be fine.

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
Yes.

Try to cut just under the leaf node (a spot on the stem where leaves come from),
strip leaves from 2 - 4 leaf nodes above the cut,
make a hole in the gravel with your finger or stick,
put a stem in the hole,
cover the hole with gravel,
pull the stem up just a tiny bit,
press the gravel around the stem with your fingers to make it compact a bit

Take a break, come back and plant another stem :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wooohoooo thanks guys! appreciate it. i am really excited about my tank, will add some hardy RCS when everything is stabilized.

I have just joined this forum, really surprised that people are actually willing to read my posts and help. Really encouraging

·
Registered
6,786 Posts

if the link is not shown, please go to this link http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/33843_4816410246524_1157901066_n.jpg

i really need your help thanks
Hi kennchong94,

The plant in the back left looks more like Ceratopteris thalictroides. If all the stems originate from a crown at the substrate level it is watersprite.

The middle rear looks like Mayaca fluviatilis.

The rear right looks like Ludwigia repens.

Sorry, I can't make out the foreground plants.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi kennchong94,

The plant in the back left looks more like Ceratopteris thalictroides. If all the stems originate from a crown at the substrate level it is watersprite.

The middle rear looks like Mayaca fluviatilis.

The rear right looks like Ludwigia repens.

Sorry, I can't make out the foreground plants.

Definitely right about Ceratopteris thalictroides, i sincerely hope that these 3 plants will survive as my only substrate is normal gravel. With super k every morning and probably some nitrate from the fishes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts