The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought this second hand from one of the local pet stores when they got out of fish. Fluval says it is discontinued. I'm not sure how to set up the filtration area. The dark part on the left is stuck;, the dark piece that is sitting angled is difficult to fit anywhere, under the dark square is a bunch of ceramic filtration media. If it is too difficult to figure that out, I think I'm just going to opt for sponge filters, as this will be a shrimp tank. Thanks!
Gas Wood Machine Aluminium Composite material Product Rectangle Wood Font Flooring

·
Super Moderator
15,775 Posts
Are you asking how to set up the filtration area? If so, what direction does the water flow?

That aside - you could use a mixture of sponges and ceramic media. Or just all sponges - whatever you prefer.

I like to use a little bit of filter floss in some tanks to help catch crud that I remove every month or two but that may not be necessary in your tank. It looks like you should just be able to stick a sponge over the intake and put whatever you want in the filter.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, @somewhatshocked . I have not had a Fluval tank before, and the filter pieces managed to fall out before I had a chance to study them. In the attached pics, the intake is to the right (or bottom, depending which way the pics load). The square box that holds the filter media seems to fit next to that, but not on it. The rectangular piece with the ribbed protrusions has me confused. Not sure where it fits. It seems just slightly to big to fit in anywhere.

I know it needs to be cleaned out... haven't gotten to that yet.

Are you asking how to set up the filtration area? If so, what direction does the water flow?

That aside - you could use a mixture of sponges and ceramic media. Or just all sponges - whatever you prefer.

I like to use a little bit of filter floss in some tanks to help catch crud that I remove every month or two but that may not be necessary in your tank. It looks like you should just be able to stick a sponge over the intake and put whatever you want in the filter.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts