The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the 50mm in-tank atomic CO2 atomic diffuser from GLA, so I can't use the water that seeps in to my ceramic diffuser anymore. The one that came with my Aquatek Mini paintball regulator didn't seem to be very reliable. I'm looking for something functional but cheap. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,131 Posts
I'm a bit confused; you are looking for a bubble counter that does not seep water into your diffuser? Why are you trying to prevent water from entering the diffuser? It will be inside the aquarium.

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
I like the Fluval bubble counter for price at around $7 but it also has some features which I like better. One is that it is placed inline in the tubing rather than mounted solid above the reg and other equipment. Mounting the bubble counter and liquid directly above the stuff you want to keep dry is really not a very good plan in my experience. That relies totally on a check valve working flawlessly to prevent the liquid running down into the other parts. How often do mechanical things work flawlessly? I like it much better when I have the bubble counter and liquid placed away from other things. That also lets me put the bubble counter where I want it by simply adding more tubing. Cheap and easy but it also makes it easy to check and removes the danger of breaking it when I change tanks. When the bubble counter water is all gone due to the gas passing, it is a simple matter to unscrew the lid slightly to let tank water refill the counter. While it is made of cheap plastic, it does have nice locking fittings at the top to hold the tubing very nicely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.