The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was sold Echinodorus tennelus but this looks darker and its been in the tank for a week and hasn't grown. I think I may have gotten the old switcharoo.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Mando grass, not a true aquatic plant. It will eventually die off. I have posted question on this plant :) I got the wrong version of Echinodorus tennelus. The one i have is the broad leaf version(stays green), I was looking for the Echinodorus tennelus that turns a reddish color under high light.
If you want the broad leaf version of this plant let me know $8 shipped priority :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking thats what it might be. I ordered plants from a company called aquadise on ebay all plants but these and some java moss arrived dead. I made a stink and they gave me a full refund. But I would rather have plants.

·
Registered
706 Posts
put it in your yard in semi-shade, it makes a nice ground cover and gives an oriental garden look. but definitly not aquatic. hate that stores actually rip people off this way.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lots of people have looked at this. is everyone in agreement that this is in fact mondo grass? I received this from an active user on this forum. if its not Echinodorus tennelus I feel that I should let people know. so no one else gets burned

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
It could be tennelus, I can't imagine someone from the forum selling mondo grass. Sometimes it takes awhile to get going once it has been transplanted.

Maybe give it another week, if there is no growth pull it up and see if atleast the roots have grown.

·
Registered
477 Posts
When I was first starting my 29g tank i made a mistake and went to Petco to look at some plants and ended up buying some mando grass thinking it was aquatic. So I planted it into my tank and let it 'grow' for about a month then I did some rearranging and pulled the plant to find that the roots didn't root or grasp any of my substrate and the roots were actually turning brown and rotting. I'd pitch it if it is mando grass. I can't really tell in the picture but I have e. tennelus and they do look similar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts