The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that's exactly right...which is also known as baby tears I read online. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I was thinking it couldn't be baby tears because it was growing so well in my tank!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
not bacopa, bacopa has much much bigger leaves and a much thicker stem than the linderna species. if its rotundifolia or sp india you wont know until it matures and the leaves turn reddish. bacopa will grow at a rate of like an inch a day, linderna grows so slow you don't even see it growing. it also gets algae worse than bacopa because of its slow growing tendencies. Also lindernia rotundifolia is not baby tears. two different plants. the scientific name for baby tears is hemianthus micranthemoides, linderna is different all together.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the input....glad I have such a controversial plant in my aquarium...makes me appreciate it even more! I'll be interested to see how it matures.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.