The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the red one in the back-left corner. It came in a bunch like Elodea, but the LFS had no sign for it, so I have no idea whether or not I was making a mistake buying it. It was 3.99, so not a total bust if I end up losing it.

The bad part: My tank is 5 gallons with a Coralife 10w 6500k CFL for frshwater aquariums...it kind of has a pinkish tint to it. (I'm just guessing that my luck will hold and you guys will tell me I don't have enough light :hihi:)

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
You dont have enough light! :icon_wink

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hahaha! Naturally, the plant I pick is the hardest one in the world to keep alive. I can't wait for someone to invent plastic plants that benefit the fishies the way live ones do.

I've been looking all over for the small variety of anubias, but plants are hard to come by here.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Order from other hobbyists via the swap n shop. Believe me, you could go to your LFS's for years and never find the variety that you'll find on this board, and it'll arrive in your mailbox in 3 days.

PS - Yes, your Nesaea is probably as good as dead under 10 watts of light.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there are thread on here that covers the balance between enough light to keep plants alive vs. freaking out or harming your fish? I know fish don't really need the light, and I would hate it if I hurt/stressed the fish in a possibly vain attempt to keep my plants alive.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Wow, that's a nice looking plant! I want some of that lot. Our LFS never has anything other than amazon swords and moneywort.

What kind of fish have you got? Most do ok with high light as long as you have some shady areas under plants or wood or rocks where they can get a break.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts