The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is neither a buy, nor sell ad. However, having just bought some plants from someone here, who DID accept my CC paypal account, I just wondered what was the logic behind "non-credit card" paypal.... I realize paypal charges fees to the recipient, but what, specifically, is so bad about that payment originating from a credit card?

Sorry if this is a stupid question - I just do not have that much experience with either paypal, or transactions on this site.

·
Registered
46 Posts
just my personal experience from ebay, that cc payment could possibily be made from a stolen cc, or buyer dispute the transaction afterwards. so a non-cc payment would be safer n more convenient for the seller.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I prefer non cc because of the paypal charge. Hadn't thought of the fraud aspect before.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I am glad someone asked this question because I was wondering the same thing myself. For those of you who dont want the cc pay pal would you find it acceptable if someone was to give you the purchase price + 4% ?

·
Registered
946 Posts
I am glad someone asked this question because I was wondering the same thing myself. For those of you who dont want the cc pay pal would you find it acceptable if someone was to give you the purchase price + 4% ?
Like Rex said once you upgrade a PP account to accept credit/debit payments then you have to pay a fee on EVERY transaction. If you go back to "REGULAR" account twice then you will no longer accept CC payments again ever. That's what happens to me & its just too much fee.

-Brian

·
Registered
780 Posts
Only the seller is charged on paypal transactions, the buyer doesn't pay the fee unless the seller adds it into the price.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Yes even cash transactions. Every transaction no matter how it's funded.

And depending on what you sell it's a lot more. With a standard account it's 4.9% + $0.30 as I recall.

With a higher level account it's supposed to be $0.30 + 2.9% but I seem to be getting hit much closer to 4%.

·
Registered
514 Posts
lol, it's a bitch and i was pissed in the beginning but life goes on plus most of the purchase on this board are usually small amount so the fee usually ins't more then a dollar. not going back on the debate but, i go on this forum to share and not make money but a little profit of course doesn't hurt

·
Registered
506 Posts
Also, something I noticed recently so I think it's new...

You can receive up to 5 CC or Debit paypals per month without going Premium. You still get charged the standard fees ($.30 plus a percentage - 1.9% to 2.9%).

·
Registered
39 Posts
A few years back there was a way around the "No Credit Card" PayPal accounts. As a buyer you can set up a Credit Card account for Backup Funding. For the No Credit Card PayPal acounts, you would simply send the payment with no available money in your PayPal account and PayPal would take the funds from your Backup Funding account. This would not appear as a credit card transaction to the PayPal account to which you transferred the funds and no extra fees were applied to your credit card.

I am not sure if this method can still be used today or if PayPal now applies a credit card transaction fee to either of the PayPal accounts.

Brian

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.