The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several Cambarelus Shufeldtii crays or dwarf blue cajuns for sale.
Bought the parents off aquabid and paid $10.00 each. They will produce blues.
Sizes are from 1". Attached pictures are my two pregnant females busy fanning their eggs.

Selling for $5.00 each.
Pick up only in South Orange County, near Irvine.

Thanks for looking.
Lauro <><

·
Registered
780 Posts
Those are most likely carrying the blue gene, but don't show the color themselves. Bred together, some of the offspring will have the blue color, but it's nothing like the larger species of crayfish. Even the best-colored blue cajuns yet produced are a long way from looking like the blue Procambarus alleni.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I've heard that overtime a blue crayfish loses its blue color, and gains it sometimes. My crayfish tend to change color periodically and this blue may be the same so don't be disapointed if your cray was once blue but not anymore...

·
Registered
466 Posts
I've heard that overtime a blue crayfish loses its blue color, and gains it sometimes. My crayfish tend to change color periodically and this blue may be the same so don't be disapointed if your cray was once blue but not anymore...
Same here. They change color all the time. I have them from red to orange, blue to brown. Allot of it depends on water temp, stress. Usually when they shed their exoskeleton they also come out with a new Color. No one has yet to breed true blues that stay blue. Although many people are selectively breeding to get a blue strain.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I have had no less than 20 of these blue crays from the guy who developed the strain. They do not remain blue for me. In fact they go to brown as adults. I have had them in numerous water conditions and nothing seems to affect this. I spoke with the developer and he is aware of the issue.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
** Thanks for the information **

I have to agree with you guys. :smile:
They do changed a lot. Some will change from brown to blue again.
I'll try to weed out some browns from blues here and will take some pictures.
The juvies are the ones who shows more blue colors than the adult ones. However, I have seen some bigger ones that kept their bluish color up to this point. :smile:

Thanks again!
Lauro
amazing_betta

1 - 8 of 8 Posts