Hello, unfortunately I have discovered I have a camallanus infestation. I'm so disgusted. I have a 50g pretty heavily planted. I've done my research on how to treat, I'm using Fritz Expel-P. I'm going to medicate both the food and the water column per my research. Moving all fish to a hospital tank for 3 weeks to clean up the paralyzed worms easier and eliminate their life cycle.
Here are my questions, sorry I have a lot.
1. How do I clean/decontaminate my plants
2. How thoroughly do I need to clean my dragon stone & drift wood
3. My substrate is eco complete with an area of just sand, is it best to just replace or will vacuuming be enough? I have more sand, I can easily replace that.
4. Do I have to take apart my eheim 2217 and clean it? So scared about cycle crashing?
5. Is a 10g hospital tank big enough for a fully stocked 50g (mollies, ember tetras, plecos, rainbowfish, peacock gudgeon) or do I need a 20g? Hoping to keep them all hospitalized for 3 weeks to ensure all larvae in the main tank do not survive. If this actually works do I need to be worried about deep cleaning my main tank?
6. How do I make sure I keep them alive in the hospital tank, it's getting set up now with a sponge filter and is not cycled. Can I just toss a piece of the canister filter floss in there?
Send good vibes, I've learned this is an awful one to deal with. I don't feed live food so they must have hitchhiked.