The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a project for the local Library (fundraising & set-up)

I am setting up a 29 gal paladarium witch I have covered-but I am also setting up a 55gal Aquarium. I want to set this up as low maintanance as possible-since I will be donating my time for that.

I really want to plant it and not use fakes. I need Ideas on what kind of set-up will be the easiest.:confused:

fundraising is going well so I think we can afford some time saving equipment ie auto fish feeders -timers for lights etc.

I DO NOT want to have to go there 2 a week to trim plants. I am hoping to get it setup so I only have to go 1 every other week. Is this possible?

please list your lowtech Ideas.:proud:

Thanks Cindy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well lets start with the obvious. Use easy plants like java fern, java moss, wisteria, hornwart etc. With no CO2, they grow slowly enough that pruning becomes less of an issue. Here is my 75 gallon, using the plants i mentioned above. No Co2, no water changes. Just water top ups and occasional dosing of ferts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
2wpg for 8-10 hrs per day. Dosing kno3, kh2po4 and flourish once every 1-2 weeks. This is a rescape I did about a month ago, and while plants are great and healthy, only the wisteria has shown noticable growth. Hence, no pruning issues

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.