The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Would like to see what everyone’s opinions are about how much lighting I’ll have on my new tank.

Tank: 20g High – 24L x 12W x 16H
2 x 15W T8 light strips, on glass top – 6500K
4 inches of substrate (black fluorite), so about 12’’ from light to substrate
Co2 – excel dosing

This will be my first shrimp dedicated tank!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the setup, but I'm really looking for opinions on what the lighting will be: low/med/high. I'm thinking Medium. I'm trying to determine what plants to get for the tank; I really want different plant species then what's in my 55 right now. Are there any plants that Shrimp enjoy specifically?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
You should get medium light intensity, around 60 micromols of PAR. That is getting up in intensity to where you may want to use CO2, even though CO2 and shrimp are not a happy marriage. The limit on what plants you can grow is more due to using or not using CO2 than to light intensity.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You should get medium light intensity, around 60 micromols of PAR. That is getting up in intensity to where you may want to use CO2, even though CO2 and shrimp are not a happy marriage. The limit on what plants you can grow is more due to using or not using CO2 than to light intensity.
Thanks Hoppy, I'm going to start with some crypts and ludwiga and go from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.