The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! So I have been having pretty good success with my first aquarium but have grown bored with my scape. I plan on getting some manzanita wood to plant moss and anubias on which will reach into the tank. I plan on having crypts under the wood, but I have no experience with crypts except 2 walkerii?? Which I got randomly.
I am aiming towards a jungle look and want a variety of crypts under the wood leading up to my microsword carpet. Maximum height of about 6-8". I have med/high light, co2, EI and Eco complete with root medic tabs. Most of the planting area will be med/low light due to shadowing.

Please suggest some nice crypts, or other plants, that will help achieve this.

Currently have amazon sword, bacopa, vals, red serpent vals, pennywart etc...
I have tried to search myself but there is such a mix of info out there and first hand opinions are always better! :)
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
460 Posts
I happen to really like the look of the spiralis and balansae in my shallow tank. :)

I need to get some better pics, but I think you can do a lot with a garden of crypts. My tank is also full of parva, willisii, lucens, and a couple nuri. Plant different sp. in bunches or naturally 'layer' them in the tank depending on their height and you can pull off a pretty nice jungle look with the slow growers. I'm actually debating removing the stems in the far corner and getting some more spiralis...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.