The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This shrimp has started turning up in one of my personal tanks. It houses only bumble bee shrimp (cf. breviata) for severla years now. Suddenly this weird morph is showing up. No plants have been transferred and I don't house any shrimp that look remotely like it. Most of hte other shrimp are across the fishroom in species only tanks. i don't share nets either. Any clues on what it is? Not sure what could have hybridized as I keep very few asian high order speices. I did at one point have some random shrimp labeled as "red tailed green" which I never really got an id on that was in a neighboring tank, though I have not had any for at least a year.
hybrid shrimp.jpg

hybrid shrimp2.jpg

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Wow. Interesting, especially if you're sure that nothing else has been into the tank. Now are they all the same size, does it look like they are all from 1 mother, or different sizes and different generations of them going on now?

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
different sizes. I haven't paid that tank much attention other than basic maintenance as I don't sell out of it (inconvenient top row, lol).

Thanks

So they are basically crap, right

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
This shrimp has started turning up in one of my personal tanks. It houses only bumble bee shrimp (cf. breviata) for severla years now. Suddenly this weird morph is showing up. No plants have been transferred and I don't house any shrimp that look remotely like it. Most of hte other shrimp are across the fishroom in species only tanks. i don't share nets either. Any clues on what it is? Not sure what could have hybridized as I keep very few asian high order speices. I did at one point have some random shrimp labeled as "red tailed green" which I never really got an id on that was in a neighboring tank, though I have not had any for at least a year.
View attachment 33495

View attachment 33496
Hate to bring up an old topic, but that's pretty much EXACTLY what my tangerine tiger's x CRS look like. Here's one of mine for comparison:

Do you still have these popping up or what happened?

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they are still breeding in a tank, i have not done anything with them and they still look like that.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
So maybe one of your bee shrimp had been mixed with a tiger at one point and now it's babies are showing this differant coloration do to the past cross breeding?

It's pretty cool. I think tibees are fun I don't have any but have thought to set up a separate tank and let the 2 go at it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts